Saturday, November 10, 2007

Intern Self-Assessment: Objective 3

3. I will process a book order and prepare it for circulation. (FEAP 8)

The objective was satisfactorily met . . .

On Friday, I processed a book order and prepared it for circulation. I had to enter all of the MARC records because it did not come with a disc with the information already there. After entering the MARC records into the system, I printed labels for the books, put the labels on the books, and stamped the books with the school stamp. I completed all parts of the task, including those parts which are usually done by the Media Clerk. It was an interesting procedure, and I'm glad I was able to see the process from beginning to end with no disc. Hopefully another book order will come in soon that does have a disc so that I can see how orders are processed from school catalog companies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney did a wonderful job processing the book order. Even though she did things that our clerk normally does, she might end up in a situation where there isn't a clerk and she would need to know how to process an order from beginning to end. Hopefully she will be involved in processing an order that does come with the MARC records. Courtney is a very fast learner and remembered what to enter when and why. I'm Nancy Rozier and I normally catalog the books.