Friday, July 03, 2009

Reading and Writing Conference 2009

I went to the 2009 Teaching Reading and Writing Conference in my state in June, and MANY of the workshops dealt with the use of technology in teaching - and in particular, "new technologies" such as podcasting, blogging, social networking, etc. It was almost frustrating since my county is so anti-technology.

One of my realizations during the conference was that instead of continuing to fight the system and complain about what I CANNOT do, I will work hard to integrate the technology that I AM allowed to use.

I wrote up a proposal for a class called "Digital Literacies" and I am hoping that I get to teach a group of 9th graders how to effectively use technology (from the simple powerpoint to digital video). More to come on that . . .

No comments: